Thursday, January 15, 2009

Here's the first thing I can remember cooking, followed by rice with butter,yummmm, grits, oh baby,......
BROWNIES
1 stick butter/margarine, melted
2 eggs
1 c sugar
4 T cocoa
3/4 c flour
Dash salt
1 tsp vanilla
Stir together. Add nuts, if desired. Bake at 350* for 25 minutes.
I like my brownies done,not fudgy, so adjust your time according to your preference. Also, I added 1 T of cocoa to the recipe for a little deeper, fuller flavor. If you are using European cocoa you don't need more.
When done and still warm you can add a layer of mini marshmellows, return to oven to toast. When cooled frost.
My frosting is not defined but it goes something like this:
3 T cocoa
1/2 stick butter
2 c powdered sugar
A few drops of milk
1 tsp vanilla
See if it works and add whatever you need. You can top with more nuts while the frosting is still wet.